- Product : iCalmDog
- Where can I buy it : Amazon.com
- What does it run on : Rechargeable and power pack
- Price : Various
- My rating : 4.8 out of 5
Any dog owner that has a dog with anxiety knows how difficult this can be to deal with. It’s hard on the dogs and also very tough on us dog owners.
Like humans, dogs can also suffer from anxiety related issues. There are 3 different types of anxiety that dogs can suffer from: separation anxiety, illness related anxiety, and dogs that were former rescue dogs. I am always on the look out for new ways to help dogs and dog owners provide the best possible solutions for any dog health issues they experience.
The newest thing I have come across and want to share is the iCalmDogs speaker for your dog. Vets and dog trainers are highly recommending this speaker to help your dog with anxiety issues.
This is my review of the iCalmDogs 5.0 speaker.
What is it?
This gadget is a small portable round dog speaker that is both lightweight and stylish. It uses sounds cards that play calming music to your nervous dog. There is proven clinical data that shows that dogs suffering from anxiety or nervousness can become more relaxed when listening to calming music and reduce your dogs overall stress.
Dogs that suffer from a strong form of anxiety related issues, can start to develop psychological issues or develop bad behaviour problems as a result. Listening to calming music can significantly curb this behaviour.
If your chose to purchase sound cards, there are different interchangeable cards that you can buy separately for your speaker.
You can purchase these sound cards, from the company that makes iCalmPet devices, or purchase your own music from a variety of different streaming services.
The versatility of this very user-friendly dog speaker, allows you to taylor your musical choices for your dog based on your dog’s individual needs.
Because every dog’s needs are different the flexibility of this speaker gives you the ability to really personalize it in the way that best works for you and your dog.
Not just for your dog.
Although the iCalmDog speaker is meant for your dog, you can also use the speaker in a variety of different ways. The specific design and versatility of the speaker allows us to use it for our own personal use.
You can use it as a regular Bluetooth speaker, or FM radio. This speaker also comes with a USB connection and Aux port to connect to any other device of your choosing.
Because these speakers fit in the palm of your hand, they are easy to transport anywhere you want to play your music.
This amazing speaker offers us a variety of ways to play music for our dogs. The speaker is a Creative Mettalix made by Creative Technology Inc. The quality of this speaker will rival any other portable speaker on the market.
One of the highly recommended song programs called “Through a Dog’s Ear,” is the Calm your Canine sound card. This is a worldwide recommended classical composition that many Vets say will soothe and relax your dog. Not to mention it claims to also relax humans that maybe stressed out.
There are many options when it comes to choosing the right SD music card that will best suit your pet. Some other sound card choices are:
- Welcome, Home Puppy-pak – Calm your puppy music and sound effects for desensitizing your puppy
- Elderly Canine – Music to comfort senior dogs
- In the Car – Music to keep drivers alert and dogs relaxed
- Human-Animal Bond – Music for pets and their people
- Seperation Anxiety – 16 hours of music and silence
- Aggression – Music and training to calm fearful, reactive dogs.
- Thunderstorms – Music and sound effects for desensitization
The great thing about buying these SD Music Packages, is your can switch between the different cards without syncing or downloading anything.
Having an auto replay setting, allows you to replay the card while your are at work up to 8 full hours before it needs to be recharged.
Another option for playing music on this speaker is using a streaming service rather than purchasing the SD cards. You can use Amazon Music, Apple Music or Spotify via Bluetooth device like a tablet, computer or smart phone.
Making the choice between either SD cards vs Streaming music, is that with the SD card package, they have actually tested this music on dogs with success in helping them with anxiety issues. This just seems like the more helpful option if your are buying this speaker for your dog.
Different models or packages to chose from.
When your decide to purchase this speaker, your have the choice of 4 different Calming packages.
- iCalmDog 5.0 a’ la carte which includes: iCalmDog 5.0 speaker, carrying case and a power cable.
- iCalmDog 5.0 Standard that comes with : iCalmDog 5.0 speaker, carrying case, sound card and power cable. It provides 4 hours of “Through a Dog’s Ear music package and a 24-hour battery life.
- iCalmDog 5.0 Deluxe which includes: Creative Muvo Premium 2 c speaker, power bank, 3 sound cards, SD card holder, travel pouch, Aux cable and power cable. The 3 sounds cards this package comes with is : Calm your Canine, DeStress and Music for the human-animal bond. This package also comes with a power bank that provides add 20+ hours of wireless play-time.
- iCalmDog Trainer’s Deluxe which comes with: iCalmDog 5.0 speaker, power bank, 10 sound cards, carrying case, book and CD, SD card holder, Paw pouch, Aux cable and Power cable. This deluxe package includes: 10 different SD musical packages, 10 laminated content cards for the music program, 10 behavior solutions booklets, micro sound card holder and Through a Dog’s Ear starter CD and book.
Our dogs love us and always like us to be home as part of our family pact, and when we aren’t there, they can get stressed out.
For us when we get stressed out, we can exercise, do yoga, or meditate. Dogs have no way of de-stressing. Studies have shown that using sound can help our dogs restore the balance that they are missing due to anxiety.
Providing a simple sound like the music for the iCalmDogs 5.0 speaker allows the proper spectrum of sound by the way it is arranged and recorded to ease our dogs stress level.
Auditory cognition is complex in humans and in dogs. Dr. Alfred Tomatis has done ground breaking research on psycho acoustics. His study of the effects of music and sound on the human nervous system. This research really defined what the impact of music on our overtaxed nervous system really is.
Normal music can be too much to take in, but when we introduce a simple sound, this can help us process the intricate sound we need to hear. It then provides a relaxing and stimulating sound. This is the same process for our dogs.
By breaking down to a simple sound, it can provide our dogs that relaxing sound they need to process their anxiety related issues.
After doing research on how sound effects us and our pets, I realized that for me personally throughout my life, I have leaned on music to get me through some pretty tough times. We have all had music that brings us joy and also music that can bring us through our pain. Dogs apparently need the same type of release.
Music really is such an important part of life, and provides us with a coping mechanism to make us feel better. For me, I have really found this information so exciting and interesting at the same time.
I hope your enjoyed my review of the iCalmDogs 5.0 speaker. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments below.
♥ MUSIC OF THE HEART ♥